- How do I make a reservation?
- The only way to make a reservation is to book online at http://stushinthebush.com/visit-us. A deposit is required in order to secure your booking and is refundable up to 5 days before your visit.
Can I choose the dishes I want?
No, we offer a prix fixe menu that is dependant on seasonality, what is growing on the farm, and what can be sourced sustainably.
What if there are certain vegetables that I don’t eat?
We encourage you to try everything, but if you have certain allergies please let us know when you book.
Do you make traditional Jamaican cuisine?
No, we prepare reimagined Jamaican fare that is dependant on seasonality.
Do you serve meat?
No, we are vegetarian.
It’s my birthday, can you make me a cake?
Sure, just let us know when you book and we’ll make sure we help you celebrate your special event.
Do you offer a discount for local residents?
Yes, we offer $10 off all menus except special events.
- Does the cost include gratuity, tax and booking fees?
- Yes, taxes and booking fees are included. Gratuity is at your discretion.
What if I don’t have a PayPal account? Can I do a bank transfer for the deposit?
No, we require a deposit via PayPal or credit card. If you don’t have a PayPal select the option to create an account and you will be able to pay the deposit using a credit card.
Is the farm tour included?
Can I have wine with my meal?
Yes! We have a few options... We offer wines by the glass and by the bottle. We also have a prix fixe wine pairing option when you are booking your experience. If you’d like to bring your own we charge a $10 per bottle corkage fee for all wines and spirits.
Why are you closed on Saturdays?
Saturdays are our days of rest. We don’t make any exceptions for bookings on that day.
Will I be eating with people I don’t know?
Yes, there is a chance, unless you book for a private event. To book a private event you will be charged for all the available seats at your selected seating.
Can I bring my children?
Absolutely, we find they particularly enjoy the farm tour and planting. We do not have a special kids menu, but we generally make pizza for them. Children under 5 years of age are free.
Can I book for more than 15 people?
Yes, please use this link to book parties larger than 15.
- How long will it take me to reach the farm?
- Approximately 40 minutes from Ocho Rios
- Approximately 40 minutes from Runaway Bay
- Approximately 90 minutes from Montego Bay
- Approximately 90 minutes from Kingston
- Approximately 2 hours from Portland
- Approximately 3 hours from Negril
Should I arrive earlier than my booking time for the farm tour?
No, we have factored in the farm tour with timing for the entire experience.
What if I’m late for my visit?
If you’re more than 30 minutes late you will miss the visit to the lookout point or part or all of the farm tour.
If I arrive early can I hang out?
No, the road to our farm is closed. You will have to wait for Chris to come and get you.
Should I drive all the way down to the farm?
No, the road is closed. Please call upon arrival for shuttle service.
I can’t find directions, where are you located?
We are not a restaurant. You must have a reservation to visit us. For that reason, and because we are inviting you into our home, we only provide directions upon booking.
Can I come to the farm for the tour only?
No, the tour is a part of the lunch or dinner experience.
How should I dress?
Although we are “in the bush” we encourage you to dress for this “stush” experience as you would any other grand affair because we believe that the bush is just as beautiful as any ballroom. Dress for a cool breeze and a lot of earth. You may want to bring a light sweater or long sleeved shirt as it can be a tiny bit cool some days at the farm. Also note that if it's been raining it can be a little muddy so flip flops and heels may not be preferred.
What should I bring?
You can bring along sunscreen, sun hat, change of footwear for the farm tour, and insect repellent. We ask that you use natural insect repellent because we are organic. We have some available in case you forget.
Can you arrange for transportation?
Yes, at an additional cost. Please advise us upon booking if you need assistance arranging transportation.
- Is my driver allowed to participate in the experience?
- Yes, your driver is allowed to participate in the experience at the full local rate. As another option, we offer a packaged vegetarian meal that your driver can pick up from the kitchen. You may select this option when booking your experience.
How much time should I plan to spend at STUSH in the BUSH?
Plan on spending about 3-4 hours. If you have a time constraint, please let us know when you book your visit.
Do you offer accommodations?
No, not yet. There are some hotels close by, you can check Trip Advisor or Airbnb for recommendations in Ocho Rios, Mammee Bay, St. Ann's Bay or Runaway Bay.
Can I buy products while I’m there?
Yes, based on availability. The best way to do so is to order in advance here: http://stushinthebush.com/shop and pick up during your visit.
What happens if it rains?
We are an outdoor venue, which means that if the weather is too inclement (torrential rain and high winds) we may have to cancel. We will notify you via email and text message if that happens.
- Do you cater?
- Yes! We cater for personal events, corporate events and retreats. We also are available for small boutique weddings, rehearsal dinners and general celebrations. If you are interested in securing our catering services, please supply your vision and budget via email and we are happy to provide you with a quote.
- Please note: our catering is all vegetarian or vegan.